Patch notes for 2.5b (Auto-Loot “beta 2”)
- Reduced value calculation for rocks (slightly) and fixed an issue where the saved value would sometimes become >100%
- Reduced Titan “rock” base value slightly
- Changed multiple functions that remove stuff to be more optimized and remove with higher success rate (it seems)
- Hopefully this solves most cases of stuck text and such
- A ton of similar changes where the destroy methods were called too fast in repetition, this is not recommended with PIXI
- Pro tip was: use timeouts without time set (=next frame) if destroying many sprites fast
Hopefully these changes will solve the issues that surfaced yesterday.
I uploaded this version after testing it briefly on a PC (Chrome@win10), an iPad (Safari@ iOS 12.1.1) as well as an Android phone (Chrome, Android 8.0.0). They ran fine and the changes were simple enough that I believe I didn’t break it from working.
Those few of you with browsers that cache very aggressively might have some issues as usual, as usual I recommend attempting a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5 on Windows), sometimes this is required once per location (you’ll know if you need it).
Patch notes for 2.5a (Auto-Loot “beta 1”)
- Added Auto-Loot option in settings
- This option is unlocked after one mission or from timeline #2
- At the moment it will automatically equip new pickaxes that are auto-looted
- In the next patch, I intend to finish the new Settings design, which will give more space (on all devices), so that’s when an Auto-Equip option can be available
- Big change to the value algorithm for rocks, clouds, etc
- It now uses parts of your current DPS to determine the value
- These values are subject to change based on your feedback. Testing indicates decent values so far, but you guys are my bestest testers
- This was done because increased DPS after prestige was causing boring gameplay, especially early on
- If appropriate, +DPS could be brought back to Super Fortunes, but for now we will do without and see how it runs
- In addition: rocks (etc) no longer have a chance to drop loot boxes when at more than 50%
- I think most will agree that getting up to 5 boxes from 1 rock with high +Loot Find and +Luck stats was a bit too much
- The game will no longer automatically travel when you purchase the rockets if you have done so before
- For example, you can now buy the Space Rocket without it automatically sending you to The Moon if you are on another timeline than the first
- Added a chance to do more than 2.5x damage if your +Critical chance is over 100%
- I think it works
- 99% of everyone was playing with the “Rock UI” on (showing the % left), so that option has been removed to save space
- Want it back? Let me know and I’ll put it in the new settings
- Added an option on the front page to use more compressed textures (less pretty) if your internet is known to be slow
- Additional tools like this planned
- Added a new MAX performance option that will reduce graphical complexity
- This is still a work in progress and there is much more that it could improve
- I think performance was reduced slightly in this patch, please let me know if the game suddenly runs a lot worse for you
I believe that was most of the changes in this patch.
Note that this is a very new patch that has been tested very fast and there may be new bugs to fix. Let me know if you happen upon any and if you can, give as many details as possible (device, browser - even errors in the console when the bug occurred, if any and if possible on your device. An image of either the bug itself or the console error also helps a lot).
Regarding +DPS change in last patch:
First of all, thanks to everyone who voted! Only 6 of you picked the crazy option.
About one third voted against removing +DPS from Super Fortunes, which tells me that quite a few wanted to keep it, but more were fine with losing it, in favor of a more balanced approach.
We’ll see if the new rock and loot changes in this patch would allow +DPS to come back to Super Fortunes, but I think it would be too OP still (and especially in the long run), but I might be wrong.
Oh and if you load the game and suddenly your timelines don’t show and it pops up stuff you have already seen: refresh the game and it should be good again. This happened randomly to me only a few times, so I’m still working on the reason.
And lastly: Have fun! Unless the game became completely broken, then tell me