Patch notes for 2.5d (“Micropatch”)
This is a small-ish patch that won’t make a ton of difference on the outside, most of the changes are behind the scenes or simply changes to certain strings or descriptions.
- Pickaxes should no longer explode
- String changes to helpers & upgrades
- You can no longer purchase a “shit-ton” of Mars Bases (a heckin’ lot of bases is enough)
- While High Quality Pussy was great, due to possible misconceptions, that specific upgrade will now give Pussycats higher quality instead
- Added a dozen additional phrases here and there
- Earth is now round to appeal to a larger audience
- I deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused to all Flat Earth shibes
- Cost/balance changes
- Lowered the initial cost of the DogeStar
- The “Sensor Package” upgrade now acts as an upgrade rather than a downgrade
- Very minor changes in a few spots
- The main coins counters are now displayed with a faster bitmap version of the font
- This is a bit technical but it should improve performance in rendering, as the text/numbers are updated very frequently compared to everything else
- Kittens have reduced their appetite for human flesh
- Added links to the awesome Dogeminer Discord
- Added a link to the new Patreon page if ad-blocking is detected
- The Dogeminer Patreon is new and still in the works, later it should become more visible - probably added to the sidebar by the social links
Initial work on a few new features has also been done, but won’t be noticed or available in this update as they are still being worked on - for now I’ll just say that they are wow.
A bunch of bugs remain unsquashed (if you have reported them before, fear not - I most likely still have it on the todo list!). Most of the bugs should be visual in nature, or has to do with the cloud saves not working on all platforms - this specific one most-likely won’t be changed soon, it should be replaced by a different system.
Some minor alterations are bound to be unlisted, due to the inherent memory loss nature over time in human brains. Hopefully a future update will correct this issue, but for now it’s out of my hands.
As per usual, if the game has become completely broken, let me know (first try refreshing the page, that usually solves minor hiccups)!