Patch notes for 2.5e
TL;DR: Added a new way to save/load by downloading or uploading a save-file. Changes to layouts to pronounce the Discord server and Patreon page, a new sidebar (in-game) which also focuses on Discord and Patreon, plus a spot for sponsored content below the sidebar (sorry, I don’t like them either). Cate Thief can pop up anywhere (even behind you right now!), Doge got a better-fitting party shirt when on Mars (courtesy of our wonderful ChateauLafite1827).
Plus everything else I forgot I fixed/changed/added. There’s no new in-game content in this patch; that’s coming up next, now that the proper social links and outside-of-game things have been updated.
- Fixed an issue where Slave Kittens would sometimes attempt an escape
- Save/load via files is now available in beta-ish! Wow!
- This is very-very new and there may be issues not yet discovered on devices not tested yet, especially Apple devices
- Cate has expanded their operation and will now attempt to steal your coins on more locations than Earth
- Mars is now round
- I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause Flat Mars folk
- Added beautification of numbers to stats
- Changed “MISSION FINISHED” to “MISSION PASSED” (…because memes)
- Some optimizations to the loading of both landing & game pages
- Older versions of Safari on OSX & iOS may see the opposite and may not work at all…
- Kittens protesting harsh working conditions have been permanently terminated
- If on a phone and for some reason the desktop layout is activated, the game will detect this and force-use the phone layout
- Added T for trillion at a certain level (!)
- All the other things
It goes without saying these days: If the game has completely broken for you with this update, let me know (first try refreshing the page, that usually solves minor hiccups)
Current short-term roadmap
If you’re not on Discord you might’ve missed the message about this, so if you’re interested, here’s the current short-term roadmap before I need to focus on the Steam release (I reserve the right to change everything):
- A difference in timelines depending on what option you choose during the Doge Intelligence Agency (DIA) mission! Yes, finally! Well, at first just news will change but if that seems to work well I can more easily add differences such as certain helpers and other things as we go (CateKitnapper anyone? Steals yo helpers. Guard Doges to stop him? Hmm?)
- It’ll get snowy and a little x-mas’y (sorry people not celebrating anything, you might get the option to opt out of the theme) over the holidays
- The Mystery Box Fortune will be getting its own little feature! It’ll be openable every few minutes for some random free loot! (Caveat: Only works if ads aren’t blocked (sorry not sorry), like a reward for not using a blocker). The same update will have new loot to make up for the free loot! Wohoo! Can’t wait to mine with that AWP | DogeLore!
- Maybe, MAYBE, if I have time before I need to get the Steam rolling (!), a really cool Cate event where you get caught by a CateStars tractor beam (!) and have to fight (!) Cate minions to escape - and of course get rewards (possibly based on performance!) This event is one of many to come, they will most likely be optional in case you didn’t like some or are on your 99th timeline and just like …cant. heh
That’s short-term (that can totally change) before I’ll focus on a Steam version.
I know many of you are looking forward to the next location (the sun is now a planet apparently!), I’m aiming to put that in the initial Steam release to make sure it has something unique to offer out of the gate, I hope you understand!
Thanks for reading, playing & being such amaze