Finally! We are DAYS from release!
Yes, yes, yes! We’re days away from release! I’m terribly sorry for the awful long wait. I really thought this update would’ve been out months ago. But a lot of improvements has been made thanks to the delays (because when I’m not working on the parts that I should work on, I’ll do something else that I happen to find more interesting at the time, such as something completely different or community requested…).
What’s left?! Tell us! We need to know!!
Just testing the balance in terms of loot, mission rewards and upgrades. Also finding out the reason why I’ve somehow broken a certain, very important, part of the game in my haze.
More features or stuff seem to find their way in
In development, there is something called scope. It is the entire scope of the project or “undertaking”, and it should generally be set before development has commenced. Because if you start to go outside of your scope, your time will just tick away. And that happens to me a lot, because I don’t have a scope.
So what I’m trying to say is, a few more things has been added to this update, instead of me just focusing on releasing the already specified update (or scope). Most of these were at request of community members/fans, after I see two people or more asking for the same thing I try my best to implement it, unless it would take a boatload of time away from more important work.
Extra additions that I can remember that weren’t covered in the previous blog post:
- Infinite upgrades, after you have bought all that are available for that helper. This is pretty cool I think!
- Works like this: Basically, after the last upgrade has been bought, the SearchDoges can find improved versions of the same upgrade, starting from “II”, “III”, “IV” and so on. Yeah, roman numerals are dope
- Stack / group helpers like on the phone layout; now available as a setting for tablet and PC layouts. Should help with FPS issues or just if you have annoyingly many helpers. Note that if they have a green border, that means you can afford them
- FPS limiter setting for those suffering from the game using too many resources for your specific device. Or you just have too much stuff. There’s still optimizations that could be done in this regard, but it’s a start
- In addition to the amazing benefits of successfully completing the D.I.A. mission, your experience will help the SearchDoges with finding upgrades a little faster (10%) every time the mission gets completed, up until a point (something like 5-10 runs and then we’re close to the minimum)
- Remember that the mission is my version of adding a so-called “prestige/ascension”-like feature. It lets you restart the game from Earth and 0 dogecoins, but you keep all your DogeDiamonds and gear stats (except pickaxes), plus get a bunch of extra DogeDiamonds and some more stats as a reward for the whole ordeal
- Don’t worry, for example, getting to the moon after you’ve been to Jupiter/Titan, then doing the mission, should get you from Earth to The Moon in less than a minute or two with the stats you will have accrued. It’s not perfectly balanced but won’t ever really be either, kinda fun, yeah? The mission itself will not be very long, difficult or tedious, but exists as a way to make the game more interesting in the long run (I hope). And it’s kinda fun (at least I think so…)
- I’m writing this slightly stressed out because I have a ton of stuff to do in a very short amount of time today, so I have probably forgotten at least one more feature. You’re welcome ;)
SO WHEN IS THE RELEASE!?!? AHHH I’M DYING HERE SQUIRTLE
This has been second most asked question recently (the first one being “how to withdraw dogecoins” lol). I can finally give you an answer that will be at least within a week from being true.
This huge, major update to Dogeminer 2: Back 2 The Moon™ will be released on December 26th / 27th / 28th. One of these.
You have my word, my axe, as well as all my dogecoins.
I think I’ll call it version 2.4. There never was a proper “version number” related to this game, so it should probably be closer to 1.1, possibly 2.0, but 2.4 simply sounds and feels better. Ho ho ho.
I’ve said before the holidays / x-mas to those who asked me recently about it, and the update would have been ready for today (December 23rd), but releasing this huge update right before one of the biggest holidays worldwide felt absolutely not-so-wise-shibe, so I’ll wait until the most of it has passed, this way everyone who celebrates this holiday (which I do and most of the nationalities of those who have visited the website so far!) can focus on all the stress (and to some extent, joy - I think it depends on age) involved. I will be spending the following couple of days with my family (also, it would not be very exciting to find out that there’s some major bugs in the release shortly after I leave my apartment).
Also, I just remembered, I’ve remade the ugly “Settings” of the game into a bigger window with nicer UI. I have a neat picture but time is tight so you’ll have to wait for Santa. It’s just a design so far and not implemented yet (I actually thought about scope here to avoid further delays, yay me!). That’ll be coming shortly afterward the major update, possibly along with more goodies.